Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Pages

Making a Change: Nutrisystem, Week 5 + An Update From Loxy

Where does the time go? This week, I did manage to get in working out once, a 100% improvement over last week! And by working out, I mean playing Dance Central and jumping around like a completely uncoordinated fool (Anne from Beauty Xpose can attest to this).

I got my second shipment of food from Nutrisystem this week and I am really excited about it. In fact, I am finding that I have to check myself so I don't double eat things. I have so many meals I am looking forward to eating, it's actually getting hard to choose! I am addicted to the Blueberry Lemon Bars and might be able to live on them. But then I would have to give up the Cinnamon Bun, the Thick Crust Pizzas and the Pasta Parmesan with Broccoli. Decisions, decisions.

This week, I am down about 9 pounds, a pound from last week. I had thought I would be down more by now, but I'm not. Either way, I am feeling better, so I'll take it! (But seriously, I want my NutriBear!)

(This is Loxy and I at our second wedding reception. Please do not get me started on the topic of why this event existed.)

Then there is my husband, Loxy. Let me tell you a little something about Loxy. Loxy was diagnosed with diabetes last summer and has been working diligently to get the weight off and change his habits since getting the diagnosis. He had lost about 40 pounds and was well on his way to achieving his goals. Then late last fall, we ran into some family difficulties, which caused us to make poor eating decisions, which resulted in weight gains for both of us. Nutrisystem came at the perfect time to get us both on track. Since joining me on the program five weeks ago, Loxy has lost 10 pounds and I couldn't be more proud of him.

 (Loxy doing his best Judah Friedlander impression. Post diabetes diagnosis)

He is great at keeping me honest and on track as well. It's great to have a partner who will suggest alternate healthy options when all I really want is a NY-style slice (or Oreos!). I love having a partner who will help me succeed on the program! (And the fact that he actually went to the  Faux Hair store last week to get my clips for hair extensions I was making because "I didn't feel like it" is equally awesome.)

Instead of interviewing my own husband to get his male perspective, I thought I would give him a chance to tell you himself.

Loxy, here. What a charming photograph. Thanks, Mrs. Loxy.


So I'm digging Nutrisystem. I'm following the program, eating their non-vegetarian food when it arrives with my wife's eats, and been very pleased with the results.


The challenges this past fall resulted in me putting on 10 of the 40 pounds I had lost - although it could have been much more. When Kelly started Nutrisystem, I thought that was the perfect time to get back on track. My birthday was about a month away, so I decided that losing most (if not all of) those 10 pounds by then would be a reasonable goal.


I though I would miss it by a pound or two, which would still mean I was back on track. But when I stepped on to the scale last week, on the morning of my 35th birthday, it showed that I had lost those 10 pounds again. It felt great! Who needs tiger blood when there's Nutrisystem? Leave the poor big cats alone.


My favorite part of Nutrisystem? Besides the fact that I really like a lot of the food, from every meal including dessert, I've found that following the program not only means that I eat less. I WANT to eat less. Don't get me wrong - I eat plenty, over the course of the day, it's just much better for me than the way I've eaten in the past 8-10 years. And since I want to eat less, I don't find myself craving the junk I used to consume all the time. That's a real change, and it just helps make me feel healthier, which I certainly am. As of yesterday, I've already lost 15%  of my body weight, and now I'm aiming for 20%, which would be down 55 pounds. Every day has its challenges, but I know I'll get there. Now Kelly and I just need to ramp up the exercise. Loxy, out!

Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting here.

I am part of the Nutrisystem Blogger Nation and Nutrisystem is providing their plan and food in exchange for my reviews. As always, opinions are my own.  Photos by me.

Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews and more! Copyright 2009-2011, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.