Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Pages

Beauty Shorts : Brows, Butters, Sparkles and Sheen

Before I leave on a family trip for the upcoming holidays, I spent the morning running errands, discovering new things and getting unbelievably soaking wet. I actually broke two umbrellas! Never mind that. Here are the stories you care about. They are shorter, to the point and all facts, with less fluff than my normal blather.

BUSHWACKED BROWS

I needed to get my brows shaped, as I hadn't had it done professionally in more than two months. I started using RevitaBrow in March and a month and a half later I hadn't really seen much of a difference in my brows, other than they were slightly harder to shape with my daily application of brow powder. I went to La Papillon in Timonium, the only place I trust with my brows.. Here is how the convo went:

Chris (esthetician superstar): Um, how long has it been, exactly, since you've been in?
Me: I don't know. Maybe two months?
Chris: I'm trying to be polite here, so I am not exactly sure how to say this. Are you doing anything to them? You don't have any shape, it's almost like you've never been in before.
Me: I've been using RevitaBrow for a bit. I guess I didn't realize how much they had grown.
Chris: You know, you can try to apply it only where you need the hair to grow. You don't have to put it on everywhere. That will make your brows grow in less like they are and it will last you longer.
Me: Good point. Sorry 'bout that.

I wish I had known to take a before photo. I can tell you they are almost perfectly full and gorgeous. In another month, they will be glorious.  So just like the RevitaLash product, RevitaBrow is equally as amazing!

ULTA? WHO KNEW?

Ulta sells Butter London nail polish? Who knew? The store employees themselves seemed equally surprised. Which was odd, since someone had gone through the trouble of featuring it prominently on an end cap. I haven't tried these for two reasons. 1) They are $14 nail polishes, and 2) I can't currently afford $14 nail polishes. I know they don't have carcinogens and aren't tested on animals. And I know the colors are very, very lovely. Oh! And that one of their very popular colors is called No More Waitey, Katie. But that is the extent of my knowledge. Love 'em? Tell me why!

STILA SPARKLE WATERPROOF LINER SWATCHES

(From the top:  Starry, Bora Bora, Royal, Flash, Curacao, Rock Candy, Sequins - Electric was missing a tester.)

I can't wait to actually get to test these colors. They are gorgeous!! I did test them on my arm at Ulta and I can attest to the fact that, despite being caught in a monsoon, they are totally waterproof and still sparkle like it's their job. Which, I suppose it is. I don't even know which colors I should covet. They are all so pretty!

LONG LASTING SHINE

 (Other than mascara and the Pearl Shimmer, I have no makeup on. So don't be judgey. That shimmer is still kicking hours after application, including the morning's monsoon.)

I almost forgot. La Papillon now carries Becca, which is exciting for me as no one else has it within my reasonable driving area. I fell in love with the Pearl Shimmering Skin Perfector, which is a pearly lotion that you can add to your cheekbones or brow arch or mix into your foundation. It comes in several colors, but I love Pearl. It's white and all about the shine. The best part is, two broken umbrellas, soaked shoes and three hours later, my cheek still had an amazing highlight to it. I didn't pick this up, but I'm going to have to go back for some, asap.

RevitaLash sent me the product for review.

Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews and more! Copyright 2009-2011, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.