Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Pages

Salma Hayek's Nuance Makeup Line at CVS

You probably already knew this, but a few weeks ago, I discovered that Salma Hayek has a really large cosmetics line at CVS called Nuance. Apparently, it has around 100 pieces in the total collection, including some really interesting packaging. I had to pick up a few items. I was powerless against it! Apparently, this launched in the late spring, but it just made its way to my local CVS in early July.

According to the packaging, " My line is inspired by my Grandmother, who dedicated her life to keeping women beautiful. My products are designed to help every woman enhance the nuances that define her individual beauty, and make my Grandmother proud."


So let's check it out. First up is the Nuance Beautiful Blends Eye Quad.


This interesting flower bud contains four colors- cool charcoal, warm smoke, silver mist and pearl teal. These shadows are pressed, apply very sheer without a primer and brighten up if you foil them or use a primer.


This wore ok and didn't crease. A primer will make these colors go much farther.


The packaging is kind of fun, but also a little flimsy. Still, it is fun to play with, assuming you like to play with your makeup.


Next up is the Flawless Wear Tinted Moisturizer. This moisturizer is perfect for you if you already have perfect skin and are looking to add a dewy radiance. I found this to be very, very sheer and very dewy. If you have oily skin, you may find this to be too hydrating.


(Shown in light)

It also includes Micronized Cotton Powder that claims to minimize the appearances of wrinkles and fine lines. This wears ok for a tinted moisturizer, but isn't particularly transfer-resistant or long wearing. I would like this better if it had an SPF, but no dice. This is a great option for those with nice skin who just want to boost radiance.


Finally, I had to try this lip gloss in Strawberry. This gloss is very pigmented, which is great.


However, it also has a very strong sweet taste, which I am not crazy about.


But, on a day where I don't have the shpilkes (where everything bothers me for no reason), I can get away with wearing this because the color itself is so pretty.

Have you tried any of this line? There is also skincare and haircare - I'm curious to know your thoughts!

I bought these. Nuance does not test on animals.

Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews and more! Copyright 2009-2011, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.