Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Pages

Freya Arctic Cleansing Water

I am fascinated by how other cultures celebrate beauty. The things some do that seem so normal to them can seem so implausible to me. Then again, when I mention that I may use more than 25 products just on my face every morning, most people give me questioning looks as well. So who am I to judge what others do?

In Scandinavia, women teach their daughters to cleanse their skin with very cold water several times per day to wake up tired skin and boost circulation. While I find that idea refreshing in the morning during the summer, I'm not sure it's going to work for me year round. So Freya bottled the rejuvenating effects of this cleansing ritual and combined it with rich, Scandinavian antioxidants. Using bilberry, ligonberry and cloudberry to stave off aging, increase radiance and improve tone, Freya Arctic Cleansing Water provides a different cleansing experience.


While it looks like a toner, it's actually a cleanser that is applied to wet or dry skin via a cotton puff.  After wiping away all traces of dirt, makeup and mascara, you are left with clean, radiant skin. I'll admit, it is a little strange to cleanse your face in this way. After all, you don't need to rinse your face after you've cleansed if you prefer not to! According to the company, this cleanser is suitable for all skin types and won't dry out your skin.

After using this product for about a week, I discovered a few things. First of all, it does a really nice job of removing makeup, even from around the eyes, which I hadn't fully expected. Secondly, my skin does look fresh and radiant. And thirdly, it made my already dry skin slightly drier.



Keep in mind, I have dry skin to begin with and need all of the extra moisture I can get my hands on. So while this wasn't the perfect compliment for me, if your skin is anything except dry, I wouldn't expect you to experience the same drying effect.

Finally, I have confirmed that rinsing your skin with very cold water will give you the shivers and will boost radiance of your skin, albeit fleetingly. The Scandinavians could be on to something here. What has really piqued my interest is their discovery at the salmon fisheries that resulted in the development of the LEXA Complex.

Interesting, right?

Check out Freya's Arctic Cleansing Water for $45 from FreyaSkinCare.com.

Product submitted for review. Freya does not test on animals.

Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews and more! Copyright 2009-2011, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.