Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Pages

Beauty Shorts: Orgasm-like Discoveries and Glitter Fallout

I haven't set foot in a Sephora in two weeks. I'm waiting to check out the Too Faced Smoky Eye Palette and Tarte True Blood Shadow Palette. But they aren't on shelves in my neck of the woods, so I'm investigating everything that isn't tied down at the drugstore.

Maybelline released new EyeStudio shadow palettes that each contain five shadows. They are available in a variety of colors. I picked up Forest Fury with three glorious greens, a nude yellow and a "top coat" of sparkle shadow. The "top coat" - my word, not theirs - adds a little bit of sparkle and shine to the already glimmering shadows. In short, greens I tried are gorgeous.



(The sparkle top coat is on the left side.)

But the sparkle top coat will fall off of your lids in a few hours, making you look like you've had a long night out even if you just left the house. If you just use the shadow without the crystal top coat, you'll be fine. And since you're wondering, I did use a primer, a few in fact, and got the same results each time.


Always a sucker for peaches, I had to pick up the Limited Edition of Maybelline's Fit Me Blush in Sweet Melon.



(Wearing Sweet Melon Blush)

This gentle peach isn't overly pigmented, but does give a very light flush to cheeks. It reminds me a bit of Orgasm from NARS, without the sheen or sparkle. It's like Orgasm-lite.

(Peach Fuzz)

Speaking of Orgasm, this new gloss from L'Oreal, LeGloss, reminds me of the Orgasm gloss.


It's really, really similar and nowhere near as sticky. It has the same kind of reflective surface the NARS Orgasm does. It's different - it has an opalescence in the layer that shines. It's really pretty. This wears about the same as the Orgasm gloss as well, so try a lip gloss primer underneath to get the most wear out of it.


Lastly, I'm digging the new Master Drama Eyeliner by Maybelline, in Coal Commander.


It's super soft, very smudgeable and long wearing, with just a hint of sheen. It's just a good as similar much more expensive liners. Definitely check these out!

All of the products featured were purchased by me. They are also all tested on animals. Sorry for the generic links, either my drugstores are way behind or the Maybelline and L'Oreal websites haven't quite caught up to their new releases. 

Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews and more! Copyright 2009-2011, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.