Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Pages

I Whip My Lashes Back and Forth. Or At Least I Really Want To...

Am I the only one who STILL can't stop singing that song? Yeesh, it's addictive for a song with so few words. Regardless, I want lashes long enough to whip. I want them to be noticeable, long and lush. I don't want to wear fake lashes, which works out well since I can't apply them properly. I know a 7-year-old can, according to Urban Decay, but I can't.

I'm also saddled with shorter than short lashes - unless I am using a lash growth product (Talika and Marini are my faves so far). My lashes are short, straight and don't really hold a curl. In case you have forgotten, here is how short we are talking.

(This picture is slightly terrifying, the more I look at it.)

I set out to try tons of mascaras to find out what actually builds the best length on my short little lashes. Here's a partial list:

Blinc Kiss Me
Lash Blast Original
Lancome Hynose Drama
Smashbox Lash DNA
Prestige Mascara
Revlon Bare Naturals
MAC Lash Zoom
MAC Haute and Hot
Bare Escentuals Flawless Volume
Bare Escentuals Flawless
Maybelline Falsies
Mally Volume
Lash Blast Length
Rimmel Glam Lash
Lancome L'Extreme
Hard Candy Length
Hard Candy 1000 Lashes
Fiberwig
L'Oreal Telescopic
Lash Injection by Too Faced
Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes

What I determined is that I need to build some kind of lash architecture to make my lashes longer. And that one mascara alone isn't going to get the job done. While it's annoying to have to use so many mascaras to build length, it's just a simple truth. One mascara alone isn't going to do it for me. So I have tried a ton of combinations of the above products to get the best length possible. It's not easy. I won't even get into what flopped. And I can tell you that combining several mascaras and primers will also yield improved results, almost no matter what you pair together. I'm still a little bothered that I need to use several products to get the result I am looking for, but I'll get over it.

As of today, my favorite combination is this. And yes, I realize this takes way too much time and the extra beauty sleep would probably make me feel better than having longer lashes. But we won't get into that now.


I started with Urban Decay EyeLash Primer Potion. It has fibers and adds real length. The key is to let it dry in between coats. I added two coats of Lash Primer.


Next, I followed up with Blinc's famous Kiss Me Mascara. This is by far my favorite tubing mascara. This mascara has the staying power of waterproof mascara, but without the drying damage of waterproof mascaras. I apply two to three coats of Blinc. You can build length with this, but you have to do it while it's wet. Then you have to let it dry completely. This will take a few minutes.


Still with me? Here comes the controversial part. Then, I curl my lashes lightly with a curler. I know you aren't supposed to do this at this stage. But it's part of my master architecture, so keep reading.

Finally, I add Cover Girl's Lash Blast Length to the lashes, focusing on the ends and where I used the lash curler (gently!). I have also found that MAC Zoom Lash does an equally good job. This draws out the length a little more. Somehow, none of this gives me tons of volume, so I still don't look like a tart.

The end result? Not too bad! They are still on the skimpy side, but honestly, anything above the curl is built up length.


Do you have a lash secret to get superior length out of measly lashes? Please tell me. I really want to be able to whip my lashes back and forth.

I have purchased everything listed above (at one time or another). MAC, UD and Blinc do not test on animals. Cover Girl does test on animals.

Like what you read? Please Stumble or Retweet and share it! Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.